9.27.2011

What the HK is on Viki's Needles?



The last two weeks have been busy knitting weeks and I've got some new and finished projects to show you.

I finally (ok, it only took two months but it seemed longer) finished the Cradle Me baby blanket I was knitting in DK Lively in Sagebrush. I gave it a quick trip in the washer (on handwash) and dryer (on delicate) followed by hanging it up on my banister to finish drying. It turned out so soft and snuggly and I can't wait to give it to my friend for her baby. It was supposed to be a shower gift but the baby came very early and the shower was cancelled. So now I'm not sure when to give it to her. I've already given her several gifts and have other knits to give her for Christmas. Is it possible to give a new mother too many handknits? I hope not.



I also finished the first sock for the Mystery KAL. I'm using Piquant Lite in Cherry Fizz. The second sock is already at the gusset so it shouldn't be too much longer before I have a finished pair. The socks are super cute and the pattern has been a lot of fun. It's not too late to knit a pair and participate in the HK Knitalong on Ravelry.



The completion of the blanket called for a celebration and by celebration I mean it was time to cast on for something else. The choice was easy. I'm knitting the latest club pattern, Haystacks, in one of the latest club colours, Weathervane. Isn't it gorgeous? I'm delighted with how these socks are turning out and love knitting on them. These will be a great pair of fall socks.



Next time, I should have two finished pairs of socks to show you and who knows what else!

For now, I will leave you with a photo of a recent visitor to our house. The kids are very excited that we have frogs in the grass.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that weathervane color. My HK mysteries are coming also. Beautiful blanket.

September 29, 2011 at 3:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home