9.13.2011

What the HK is on Viki's Needles?



It's been a month since I've show you what's on my needles, so let's have a look.

Well, naturally, with the launch of the new KAL and the release of the first and second clues for the mystery sock (you can get more info here) I've cast on for a new pair of socks. You can see the result of clue #1 at the top of this post. I'm knitting my socks in HK's new Piquant Lite in Cherry Fizz.

And boy, oh boy, is this a good mystery. We don't know where Stephanie (verybusymonkey) is going to go next with this one. I've finished clue #2 on sock #1 and half of clue #2 on sock #2. Here's sock #1. Both sides!





What we don't know is if we are looking at the front and back, the back and front or the two sides. See? It's a mystery! Clue #3 will reveal more soon. In the meantime we are having fun with cables and bobbles and is that a paisley pattern emerging?

For me, one of the best things about knitting mystery socks, aside from the unknown and usually finishing two socks around the same time, is that you have to stop when the clue is over. You can't go on until the next clue is released and therefore you have to knit on a second project between the clues. You see, I tend to have many projects on the needles at once, but I usually only knit faithfully on one at a time. In this scenario, I would just be knitting on the socks, but I can't, so I have to knit on something else.

In this case, that something else is the baby blanket I am working on, Cradle Me but Anne Hanson, in HK DK Lively in Sagebrush. The blanket is turning out amazing and I am almost 75% done.



I expect both of these projects to be completed around the end of the month. I wonder what I will work on next? I'd better get planning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home