7.18.2011

What the HK is on Viki's Needles?

For the current Hazel Knits Ravelry Variegated Knitalong I decided to knit a pair of Monkey socks. Believe it or not, this is my very first pair of Monkey socks. I don't know what it is about these socks, but they make a variegated yarn look smashing. I'm knitting mine out of an old club colour, Autumn Bounty.



I also wanted to show you my final project for the HK / Anne Hanson KAL that finished up a couple of weeks ago on Ravelry. I chose to knit Miss Doolittle in the recent club colour Pick Me. I haven't been able to block it yet but my daughter was happy to model it for me as is. I'm hoping to gain a couple of inches from the blocking so that it will look this good on me.



There isn't a lot of time for knitting right now as tomorrow is moving day, but I'm looking forward to getting back to it once I unpack a few of the boxes and find my yarn and needles again. I have a special project chosen to start next, but I might have to squeeze in a few emergency knits first. I'm going to knit a beautiful baby blanket out of this gorgeous pile of HK Lively in Sagebrush ...



... but first I have to knit a couple of tiny baby sweaters for this same baby that decided she wanted to come nine weeks early. The blanket should be done by her original due date. Babies I knit for usually wait until right after I finish knitting their baby gifts before they arrive. Apparently this little girl is going to keep me on my toes.

And finally, here are a couple of shots of my favourite flowers from my garden. I will have to be sure to add them to my new garden next year when we are allowed to landscape.



I will miss my Ruby lily most of all.



More knits soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home