6.29.2011

The State of Things

Sock Summit is less than a month away and things are surprisingly calm around here. I'm hoping (fingers, toes crossed) that this is because things are on track with preparations - not the calm before the storm.

Over the next few weeks I'm going to show snippets of some of the various planning methods and also some of the new products that will be at Sock Summit and beyond. For now, I'm simply trying to remember to feed myself and hydrate (besides tea!) Speaking of which, I'll leave you with the scene that played out at HK headquarters last night.

Mr HK: BABYBEAR!! What's for dinner?

Me: We nave NO food in the house. Nothing. Nada. We'll starve if I don't go grocery shopping. We'll starve if I don't dye yarn. I'm freaking out!

Mr HK: (with a slight smirk - he's heard this all before... :) OK, you go do your thing. I'll make dinner.

Now, here's where I have to confess, Mr. HK does most of the cooking around here. Not only is he quite experienced in a professional kitchen, he's creative and can make a meal from seemingly nothing. As long as I keep food in the fridge, we'll eat well.

Drumroll...



Frozen burritos (cooked, then slightly browned in oil), fried egg, sauteed spinach, artisan goat cheese and a little Crystal hot sauce for good measure.

Strange? Yes! Inspired? Yes! Healthy? I'll give it a 6 (organic spinach and goat cheese, free range, organic eggs). Delicious? Oh yes!! More please!!

Who knew?? Yet now, we really have no groceries. I better not keep pushing the envelope :)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Maryzona said...

Can't wait to see you at Sock Summit!
Wondering if you'll be bringing any DK Lively?

July 1, 2011 at 6:14 PM  
Blogger Wendee said...

I'll be bringing a limited supply - lots of Artisan Sock, Entice MCN, the new base, Piquant Lite and some heres and theres of the other bases. Any special requests on color?

July 9, 2011 at 8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home