6.14.2011

What the HK is on your Needles? Vol. 7

This week let's have a look at some beautiful projects completed with Hazel Knits DK Lively.

First up, we have Thao's (ravname: Thao713) absolutely stunning version of Manu, which she calls Beurre. This sweater is knit in Stick o'Butter and I adore the orange buttons! I really need to get more creative with my button selections. These really finish the piece.



Lively is obviously a fantastic sweater yarn as can be seen in the next project as well. Jennifer (ravname: Pipp) knit up a gorgeous February Lady Sweater, which she calls Lady of Laguna knit in, of course, Laguna.



But Lively isn't just for sweaters. Check out Kathy's (ravname: ginersnapxii) Sport Weight Toe-Up socks knit in The Red Carpet. Kathy's sons love their HK socks so much they have requested more. Apparently they are hooked on HK too. And what a great idea to knit man socks in DK weight. Much faster.



And finally, Sherri (ravname: merrysherri) knit a beautiful hat called Vega What? using the pattern Vegamot in Terrywinkle. I obviously need to buy myself a mannequin head to go with my mannequin feet. Maybe my husband will go for it if I promise not to display them in the dining room anymore. Apparently some people find that weird.



I thought it would be fun to take a little look through my own archives and see what I've knit with Lively. I only found a couple of projects. Seems like I need to work on that!

I knit the outer mitten of my Dimorphous mittens in Euphorbia (the inner mitten is Chuckanut in Artisan Sock).




And here's my daughter's Helena in Laguna. Too bad she's outgrown it.



Thanks to everyone for allowing me to highlight their projects. Now I'm off to check out some DK patterns.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home