7.06.2011

New KAL

July 1st saw the beginning of a new Knitalong on the Hazel Knits Ravelry group. For the months of July and August we are inviting everyone to knit any project in any variegated Hazel Knits yarn and to share their projects with the group. You can find more details here.

I've always found variegated yarns to be so beautiful in the skein and hard to resist, but a lot of them end up hibernating in my stash as I search for the perfect project. I've managed to knit up several skeins over the years and the results are always pleasing so I'm delighted to participate in this KAL and hopefully knit up a few more.

The best part of the KAL for me is being able to discuss the best patterns for variegated yarns with the other knitters and gaining from their experiences.

Here's a little look back at some of my favourite variegated HK projects.

Estonian Button Socks in Baroness knit for my Estonian mother in law - she loved them.


Basic Mittens in Cami Chic for me. Perfect in the Fall and as a liner in my heavier Winter mittens.



Chevron Scarf in Cami Chic and Weekend Warrior. They make a nice set with my mittens.



And finally, Saartje's Booties in Greenlake for a friend's baby. I'd say these are probably the most achingly cute thing I have ever knit.



I've already cast on a project for the KAL. Updates and photos soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home