6.21.2013

What the HK is on Your Needles? Vol 32

Oh boy! It has been way too long since I posted some of my favourite projects knit in Hazel Knits by other knitters. So last week I checked out some recently completed projects and put together a collection of things that caught my eye. 

Judy (Ravname: Camanoah) knit a lovely The Age of Brass and Steam Kerchief in Sassafras in DK Lively. I love how the simplicity of the pattern highlights the texture of Sassafras, with all its greys and browns. 


Next, have a look at Maria's (Ravname: Marialh) Crown of Leaves Hat knit in Serenity in Entice held double. This hat must be so warm and cozy in Entice - doubly warm and cozy even. I'm not sure what cast on this pattern uses but I love the interesting edge it created.


Nicole (Ravname: adipoo) knit this fun Xavier the Observant Owl in Euphorbia and Electrolyte in Artisan Sock. I think Wendee will get a kick out this cutie and I loved seeing how well Euphorbia and Electrolyte played together.


Our friend, designer Melissa Goodale (ravname: StickChick), has another new shawl pattern she recently released. Wild Cherry was designed in Cherry Fizz in DK Lively and looks like it would knit up fairly quickly. Perfect for cool summer evenings!

photo by Mariana Kajlich 

Karen (Ravname: KGS) put together Electolyte and Jam Session in Artisan Sock and knit a gorgeous pair of Prickly Thistle Mittens. I always love Karen's project photos. She has a great eye.


Here's another fun project! Melissa (Ravname: mostlymunchies) knit a sweet mini Voodoo you love me? in Strawberry Lemonade in Artisan Sock. I think I might have to knit one of these. I think he would look cute on my office windowsill watching me work.


If you've been reading here for a while you may have noticed that I have an affinity for mittens. So how could I pass up sharing Susan's (Ravname: mitzicleo) Perianth mittens in Ruby Love and Nekkid in Artisan Sock. I think she did a fantastic job with her colour work and ended up with a pair of mittens to be proud of.


The next project is from another Melissa (it seems a lot of Melissa's knit!). This Melissa (Ravname: TwoKnitWit) knit this stunning Sandness shawl in Splish Splash in Entice. Melissa has some wonderful pictures of her project on a dress form on her project page.


And finally, let's have a look at Cynara's (Ravname: kinara) project for the ongoing Hazel Knits/Andrea Rangel KAL on Ravelry. She knit this beautiful "pair" of Char gloves in Arroyo in Artisan Sock for her husband. Looks like a success!
 

Thanks again to everyone for letting me share their projects. Beautiful work everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home