4.30.2012

What's on Your Needles? Vol #25

I like to spend time on Ravelry looking at projects knit in Hazel Knits. I love to see what other people have knit and I love to feature some of the interesting ones on this blog. I am often inspired to try a certain colour, pattern or colour combination that I hadn't thought to try.

A couple of weeks ago I came across a project that was an inspiration in another way. A true labour of love. A project deserving of a post of its own.

JillinIl (ravname) had designed and knit a final present for her mother, a cremains cover. Every detail from the colour to each element of the design was chosen for a specific reason, with her mother in mind. You can read more about the design selection here.

















I think this is a beautiful tribute piece and couldn't have been an easy project to work on. I only hope each stitch brought with it some peace.

And what an honour that she thought Hazel Knits was worthy of an eternity with her mom.

Thank you so much for allowing me to share this very personal project.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jill said...

Thank you very much for your very kind words. This was a very therapeutic knit.

This was the first time I tried Hazel Knits yarn. I chose it because it was the most "Irish" version of green ("Shanny Pants") I could find. I think Mom would be pleased.

April 30, 2012 at 1:40 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

Thank you very much for your very kind words. This was a very therapeutic knit.

This was the first time I tried Hazel Knits yarn. I chose it because it was the most "Irish" version of green ("Shanny Pants") I could find. I think Mom would be pleased.

April 30, 2012 at 1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home