1.18.2012

What the HK is on Your Needles? Vol. 22

The end of December brought with it the completion of another successful Ravelry Knitalong. For November and December we challenged you to knit any mitt, mitten or glove and many of you rose to the challenge.

And, like always, I am going to highlight a few of projects that were completed (or nearly completed for one). But that doesn't mean they weren't all awesome. You can check out more in the KAL thread on Ravelry here.

Our first project comes from Christine (ravname: Avalanche). Christine knit this gorgeous pair of Evangeline mitts in Artisan Sock in Spanish Wine. With the yarn held double, these mitts look so squishy and warm.



Nancy (ravname: nbgriz) knit more than one pair during the KAL but these Double Take Mitts knit in Artisan Sock in Blacklight and Vamp really caught my attention. Multi-coloured and lace. Nancy is an overachiever.



Check out the detail on Evelien's (ravname: EJV) amazing Lotus Leaf Mittens knit in Artisan Sock in Nickel and Vamp. I think getting gauge would be very important for these mittens.



A small project like a mitt or mitten is a great opportunity to practise one's colourwork skills and Dawn (ravname: Dawn76) certainly did a wonderful job on her Adelia Mitts knit in Entice in the very modern colour pairing of Fudge and Serenity.



If colourwork isn't your thing, how about some cabling. Megan (ravname: Miggsie) knit her lovely Nalu Mitts in DK Lively in Sagebrush.



Iben (ravname: Ibnik) may not have completed both of her Women's Long Gloves in Artisan Sock in Ruby Love during the KAL, but I'm sure it wasn't for lack of trying. These are some long and intricate gloves and definitely worthy of note. And according to her project page, the second one is now complete. Yay! I sure she will wear them with pride.



My co-moderator Rayleen (ravname: Rayleen)rounds out the pack with her super cute mini mittens knit in Artisan sock. My guess on the colour is Splish Splash. I'm sure these were a fun addition to her Charlie Brown Christmas tree.



These were some of the wonderful projects completed during the KAL. Thanks to everyone for allowing me to share their projects. I hope they inspire you to knit for your hands too.

We are already seeing some beautiful finished projects in our latest KAL. We hope you will join us while we knit some Hunter Hammersen patterns during January and February.

More knits soon!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I am so envious of everyone's projects! I just couldn't bring myself to knit full size items this holiday. Next year will be different, I swear!!

January 18, 2012 at 9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home