9.04.2013

September

Ah...September.

A new beginning. 

A new calendar (mine goes from September to September). 

I treated myself to a box of new pens and a bunch of new notebooks. 

I'm getting my hair done tomorrow.

Oh, and did I mention the kids went back to school this week and I finally have more than ten minutes to myself? Well, there's that too.

So what to do with all my time? Well, more blogging obviously. I've gotten a little behind on that. But the best thing about September is that it marks the start of a new knitalong on Ravelry. The September/October KAL is focusing on any pattern (sock, shawl, sweater, whatever) that features cables or traveling stitches. You can find more information about the KAL and join in on Ravelry. The more the merrier. 

I didn't have much time to knit over the summer, so I'm planning to make up for it now and I've chosen several patterns I'm hoping to finish during the KAL.

The first step was to wind up three balls of Artisan Sock. I chose an orangey Rogue, the club colour By the Seashore and the club colour Land of Sweets. They look interesting together, but they each have a unique destiny.


I've chosen two socks patterns for this KAL. One with traveling stitches and one with a more traditional cable pattern.

First, I cast on Business Casual in Land of Sweets. This is my third time knitting this pattern. I love those diamonds and the way those little stitches keep traveling around. I find the pattern easy to remember so it should be a quick knit.


The second pair I cast on was BFF socks in By the Seashore.  This one looks simple but actually takes more concentration on my part since I need to keep track of the rows. I can never remember what row I'm on and don't want to do the cable row too soon.


I haven't cast on the orangey Rogue yet, but I'm thinking it wants to be a Sunnyside baby cardigan. I've knit this pattern before too and it would be so bright and cheerful in that colour and perfect for a new baby. I just wish I knew one.

The KAL just started so there is plenty of time to pick a pattern, wind some yarn and join in. We'd love to have you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home