2.12.2013

What the HK is on Viki's Needles?

I've been a busy little knitter as of late.
 
Last year, it seemed like I didn't get as much knitting done as in other years. We were finishing our basement and had trades coming and going for a good part of the year. There always seemed to be something to distract me or stress me. Sure, I still finished a decent amount of projects, nothing to be ashamed of really, but I had a lot unfinished things as well. I almost hate to admit it, but several of my KAL projects didn't get finished during the allotted time. I was not a very good KAL host, I'm afraid.
 
This year is off to a much better start knitwise. I dug a few projects out of deep dark WIP storage and finished a few +5 year projects - which felt so good. I whipped up a couple of hats for the kids - which felt so responsible. I already finished my KAL project for January/February - like a good host should do.  I've even started a new design which feels like it might just work out.
 
As a result, I have several HK projects to share with you today.
 
Last week I cast on a pair of Business Casual socks as part of a KAL being hosted by Celtic Cast On. I'm knitting mine in Artisan Sock in the club colour Twilight. I knew I liked this colour in the skein, but knit up it is fantastic. It reminds of the bluish black edges of India ink. With this pattern it almost looks like it has been distressed. 
 


On the same day I also cast on a new pair of socks for our Adrienne Fong (Belly Button Knits) KAL on Ravelry. This time I chose Ode to Frogs and the Pond. I'm knitting this one in Artisan Sock in the club colour Flicker. It reminds of those super cute (and usually poisonous) orange frogs.


And why did I cast on a second KAL project? I had so much fun knitting the first one, I wanted the KAL fun to continue. My first KAL project was the mystery sock Adrienne designed especially for our Ravelry group. I knit the now-named Chinese Bell Flower socks in Artisan Sock in the club colour Surf.


As I mentioned above, I also play around from time to time with my own designs and recently cast on for a new design project in Artisan Sock in Posy. Without giving too much away, here's a little sneak peek.


And remember those Business Casual socks above that I cast on just last week? I actually finished them on Sunday night. Seven days from start to finish. Unheard of for me. I think these may become my new vanilla sock. Love!

I'm thrilled that my knitting for 2013 seems to be on a roll. I'm sure I'll have more to share with you soon if this keeps up.

1 Comments:

Blogger GerryART said...

I have a love affair for sox myself.
Your's are gorgeous.
I'm knitting Business Casual for the knit along, also

Hugs

February 12, 2013 at 9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home