12.04.2012

Quick One-Skein Gift Ideas

Okay, sure it's already December, but that doesn't mean there isn't enough time to churn out a couple more quick gifts (I hope I'm right about this since I still have a few more things I want to finish in the next three weeks).
 
While, technically, socks are usually a one-skein project, for most of us there is nothing quick about them so it is time to look at other accessories. I've done a little research and come up with a few quick one-skein project ideas that might help you get your gift knitting done. 
 
Staci Perry of Very Pink's Learn to Knit a Spiral Scarf would be quick to knit up in DK Lively (shown in Vamp). She even has a video tutorial on her website that can help you keep the project on track.
 
 
How about Violeta fingerless mitts knit in Artisan Sock (shown in Violeta) from Mel Goodale of Stick Chick Knits? Quick and pretty! 
 

I'm loving cowls right now and the Anchorage cowl knit in Artisan Sock (shown in Seattle KAL, I think) from Jennifer Chase-Rappaport of Rocket Boy Knits is in my queue. Hello! It has beads. Definitely gift worthy. And all of Jennifer's patterns are currently on sale for 25% off. So it's kind of like getting a gift for yourself too.


Need something quicker? How about an ornament? My Tiny Leaves Mittens in Artisan Sock (shown in Cherry Fizz) certainly knit up quickly and look very sweet on a tree or topping a special gift. (by Viki Wallner of Ruby in Stitches).


Hopefully my ideas will help you get through the next few weeks. Now it's time to get my needles going and get a couple more things done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home