11.29.2010

What the HK is on Viki's needles today

Well, the last two weeks have been crazy to say the least, and not really in a good way. Unfortunately, this has resulted in precious little knitting time. And even more unfortunately, the little knitting time I've had has been focused on holiday knitting. And let's be honest here, not everyone or every project on our gift giving list rates Hazel Knits yarn. I prefer to keep a lot of my HK knits for myself.

But there has been some progress. First up, my first Greel sock in Artisan Sock in Wheatberry has been completed and the second one is slowly advancing. These are probably going to end up a little small for me, but perfect for my tiny-footed sister-in-law. So work will continue on these for the next little while.


The other project I recently began is my beaded project for the Hazel Knits KAL over on Ravelry. I'm planning to knit Eve by Julia Mueller out of Artisan Sock in Surf. The first difficult task was choosing which beads to use. Did I want them to coordinate, or standout? Here were my three choices:

#1 Dark green


#2 Light green with a metallic sheen

#3 Dark green with a metallic sheen
I ended up going with the #2. But, since these aren't a gift project, this is how far I've managed to get.
Hopefully, next time I post an update, there will be some significant progress. Or maybe some new projects?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home