10.23.2010

Sock Yarn One Skein Wonders.

Huzzah! Today, while at the Fiber Gallery, I stumbled upon the highly anticipated new One Skein Wonders book - this time highlighting sock yarn. I've been super excited to see this book for a while. Like many of you, I'm always on the look-out for creative ways to use sock yarn and I'm delighted to report that this book fits the bill. However, the thing that's got me all happy dancing is that this release includes two super cute patterns that feature Hazel Knits yarn. Both of these patterns were designed by Seattle fiber artist, Jennifer Rappaport-Chase of Rocket Boy Knits. Sweet!

First up is Seattle Bloomtime. This adorable scarf incorporates a diagonal eyelet pattern and opposing tails that compliment each other when it's draped around your neck.


Next is Emma's Star, which is made from DK Lively.


















I love how this pattern is very simple around the face and then ends up in a darling star pattern near the crown. It's slightly slouchy, but not so much that you feel like it's going to pull itself off your head.

While these two are my favorite patterns in the edition (of course!), I was pleasantly surprised at the number of patterns in this book that I immediately felt a strong pull towards. There are some fetching wristlets and the baby knits couldn't be any sweeter. Keep your eyes out and your needles warm for this newest addition to the One Skein line. I've already cleared out a little spot for it on my bookshelf (if it doesn't end up living on my nightstand. Heh :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Dawn said...

Wow I have to have that book. I have so much sock yarn that needs using up.

October 23, 2010 at 10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home