11.03.2010

What the HK is on Viki's needles this week?

I always have something in Hazel Knits on my needles. Ok, that's not true, I always have at least two things in HK on my needles, because I have that one scarf that's been on my needles for a long time and never seems to work its way to the top of my knitting to do list.


Wendee is giving me the opportunity to come on here every once and a while and share my HK WIPs with you. This week I want to tell you about one of my current projects - Greel (ravelled here).
Greel is the first published design by Dorie Lysaght of LieSitKnit (aka Sweetbeej on Ravelry) and I think I was the first one to cast on this lovely free pattern. Dorie is a long-time member of the Hazel Knits group on Ravelry and an awesome and speedy knitter.

I'm knitting my Greel's in Wheatberry leftover from my Tempest sweater (by Anne Weaver).




I'm really enjoying this pattern and I'm sure if I could give it the time it deserves it would be done quickly. Unfortunately, I keep getting distracted by other projects, including my beaded project for the Hazel Knits Ravelry KAL. But I'll show you more about that next time.

I recently completed a pair of Mystery socks by Kirsten Kapur of Through the Loops for Soctoberfest in Sugar (one of the August club colours) in Artisan sock. I think they are going to make a great holiday gift. Hopefully Greel will feel a little more knitting love soon now that that pair is off the needles.



Now to give Greel a little more attention.



1 Comments:

Anonymous Dorie said...

Wow, thanks Viki!! And I love that you're posting projects on here. Your knitting is always inspirational!

November 3, 2010 at 12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home