11.11.2014

What the HK is on Viki's Needles?

After a slow summer of knitting, I think I've finally got my knitting mojo back and the result is an awesome assortment of finished objects. I've got some beauties to share with you today.

I recently bought myself a new winter coat, so what was a girl to do? Why knit herself a hat, of course. And if that hat fits into categories of the KAL she was hosting, well that just makes good sense. The result, a gorgeous Gather Hat by Tin Can Knits knit in Cadence in Iris. Unfortunately, it's already had a lot of wear and it's only early November. 


I also subscribed to a new sock club from Claire Ellen. I now have a year's worth of Lord of the Rings themed socks ahead of me to knit. I started with the October pattern and am very pleased with my The Sign of the Prancing Pony socks. I knit mine in Artisan Sock in Sandalwood. A very pony colour, I think.


I had so much fun with my October socks that I immediately cast on the November socks as soon as they became available. I've already finished the first of my Weathertop Socks. I chose to knit this pair in Artisan Sock in Pine Forest so that I could double dip with the current Hazel Knits KAL I'm hosting on Ravelry - WIPS/Gifts/Greens. And don't worry, I've already cast on the second sock so that it will be ready to go as soon I finish up a couple of gift knits.


And finally, this last project I consider a real accomplishment. A completed adult sweater that I actually wear! This is my Lady Sunnyside by Tanis Lavallee in Cadence in Twilight. Just don't tell anyone I still haven't found any buttons for it yet. 


I hope you've enjoyed seeing my projects as much as I've enjoyed knitting and wearing them.

Keep on knitting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home